An illuminating journey through Surah al-Fatihah and the last ten Surahs of the Noble Qur’an (al-Fil to al-Nas), this course provides contextual exegesis and explores the deeper meanings of each of the eleven Surahs discussed.
- Lesson One: Tafsir of Surah Fatihah
- Lesson Two: Tafsir of Surah al-Fil
- Lesson Three: Tafsir of Surah Quraysh
- Lesson Four: Tafsir of Surah al-Ma’un
- Lesson Five: Tafsir of Surah al-Kawthar
- Lesson Six: Tafsir of Surah Nasr (Fath)
- Lesson Seven: Tafsir of Surah Lahab
- Lesson Eight: Tafsir of Surah al-Kafirun
- Lesson Nine: Tafsir of Surah al-Ikhlas
- Lesson Ten: Tafsir of Surah al-Falaq
- Lesson Eleven: Tafsir of Surah al-Nas
“The literal meaning of tafsir in the Arabic language is to open or to explain, interpret or comment. Technically, the science of tafsir is a branch of knowledge in which the meanings of the Quran are explained and its injunctions and wisdoms are described openly and clearly (al-Burhan)” – Mufti Taqi Usmani.
As the Quran is our guiding source it is important to know what treasures it holds. The meanings of the Quran have been elucidated from the time of the Prophet Muhammad (SAW), through the period of the companions, successors – up until modern times.
Some of the commentaries are very detailed comprising of 30 volumes in Arabic print. This course will use a variety of basic sources on tafsir along with personal studies with teachers to bring to light the deeper meanings of regular surah we read in the prayer. The goal is for the attendee to have a deeper connection with their Lord during their prayer with each surah.
Arabic is not a pre-requisite for this course as the mode of teaching will be English. Children are welcome to attend.
Contact Mohamed on 07772254406 for further details