PRE READ – The endless ocean : Ilm-ut-Tafseer
Surah-Al-Nasar(The Divine Support):
A Madinan surhah. When the help of Allah comes and the opening. 7 th -8 th AH after Khaybar, some say even at the hajjatul wada (farewell pilgrimage). In 6 th year AH, Prophet (SAW) tried to make Umrah, but they were prevented. Negotiations led to the Treaty of Hudaybiyyah. Main clause was a cessation of hostilities for 10 years, don’t make Umrah that year but come back the next year, any Muslim leaving Makkah were to be returned.
The treaty was breached by Quraysh and the Prophet (SAW) gathered an army of 10,000 and marched on Makkah 8AH. On the way they met al-Abbas who had left to make hijrah. Al-Abbas got Abu Sufyan to come to the Muslim camp to seek safety for Quraysh because they would have been decimated. “Isn’t it time you accepted Islam?” This is for the person who was fighting the Prophet for many years. Abu Sufyan became Muslim and stood watching all the Arab tribes marching past. “The Kingdom of your nephew has become great!” “Wayhak, it isn’t kingdom
but nubuwwa”. Abu Sufyan went ahead to warn the people. Prophet (SAW) entered in such humility that he lowered his head so low it was touching his camel.
Last surah to be revealed in full. Foretelling of the end of the life of the Prophet (SAW).
110:1 – إِذَا جَاءَ نَصْرُ اللَّهِ وَالْفَتْحُ
When the victory of Allah has come and the conquest,
- Iza ( إِذَا ) : When
- Ja-ah ( جَاءَ ) : Comes
- Nasrullahi ( نَصْرُ اللَّهِ ) : (The) help of Allah
- Wa-Al-Fathah ( وَالْفَتْحُ ) : And the vicory
110:2 – وَرَأَيْتَ النَّاسَ يَدْخُلُونَ فِي دِينِ اللَّهِ أَفْوَاجًا
And you see the people entering into the religion of Allah in multitudes,
- Wa-ra-aiytha ( وَرَأَيْتَ ) : And you see
- An-Nasa ( النَّاسَ ) : The people
- Yud-guloona ( يَدْخُلُونَ ) : Entering
- Fi-deeni ( فِي دِينِ ) : Into the religion
- Allahi-afwajah ( وَانْحَرْ ) : Of Allah in miltitudes
فَسَبِّحْ بِحَمْدِ رَبِّكَ وَاسْتَغْفِرْهُ ۚ إِنَّهُ كَانَ تَوَّابًا – 110:3
[Him] with praise of your Lord and ask forgiveness of Him. Indeed, He is ever Accepting of repentance.
- Fasabih ( فَسَبِّحْ ) : The glorify
- Bihamdi-rabiika ( بِحَمْدِ رَبِّكَ ) : The praises of your lord
- Wa-asthagfirruka ( هُوَ الْأَبْتَرُ ) : And ask his forgiveness
- Innahu ( إِنَّهُ ) : Indeed he
- Kaana-thawwaba ( كَانَ تَوَّابًا ) : Is oft-returning
Tafseer of Surah-Al-Nasr was completed on the 22nd of February 2018 at the Islamic Center Coffee Hall, Milton Keynes by Ustadh Mohamed